Areas of expertise:
- Civil litigation
- Contractual and company disputes
- Property disputes and issues
- Professional negligence
- Insurance disputes and issues
- Construction and earthquake
- Employment and health & safety
- Liquidation, bankruptcy, insolvency
- Relationship Property
Julie has significant experience in dispute resolution at leading firms in both in New Zealand and England, and in-house. She joined FVM in 2017, and is equally comfortable acting in large complex litigation or resolving smaller scale disputes.
Julie has appeared in the New Zealand Courts at all levels, as well as before specialist tribunals and authorities. She has extensive experience acting both for and against insurers, and for government and quasi-government entities such as ACC.
Julie, at University, achieved first place in contract, land law and torts and the prize for 2nd overall place in law.